Sen. Chiz Escudero with fiancée actress Heart Evangelista
Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero is very much in the news today for the wrong reasons.
His love affair with actress Heart Evangelista is getting some ominous flak from the latter’s parents that do not bode well for his political future.
Chiz may be doing well in surveys as a senatorial candidate for the mid-term elections in May 2013, but definitely the bickering he has with the parents of Heart – Cecile and Rey Ongpauco – is not helping paint a wholesome image of his persona.
The Ongpaucos do not approve the relationship that Chiz has with their daughter simply because they know the negative side of the senator – past and present – and all they want is to protect their youngest child whom they love so much.
Consider the following factors being mentioned as the reason why the brass senator is unacceptable to them:
1. Religious Reason: Chiz obviously has a personality defect. His wife, with whom he has two children, left him for reasons that have been the talk of Metro Manila. Chiz and his wife obtained a civil annulment. Thus, under the rules of the Catholic church to which my family belongs, Chiz is disqualified to remarry, unless he obtains a Church annulment.
2. Personality Problem: Chiz is surrounded by unsavory gossip which has already reached social media. The cause of his annulment and his peculiar habits are swirling over his head, and he has never bothered to explain himself. He projects himself as a wholesome candidate, but we know better. We challenge Chiz to stop dictating to our daughter. Stop hiding behind the skirts of Heart and stop using her as an armor to shield yourself from very serious questions about your character and personality.
3. Alcoholic: The first time Chiz visited our home, we saw that he was drunk and he smelled of alcohol. The second time he went to our family home, he was again drunk, carrying a bottle of red wine. During both visits, he hardly spoke a respectful word. He sat slumped in a chair with his legs spread outward. He has never formally asked for our daughter’s hand, or explained how he will support her and his wife at the same time.
4. Illusions: According to Heart, Chiz has promised her that he will become President by 2016, and then she will be addressed as ‘First Lady.’ The staff of Chiz sometimes addresses him as Mr. President. This is pure seduction, because we believe Chiz does not stand any chance to become President or Vice-President, owing to his secret character.
Furthermore, he once boasted to Heart that he runs a lucrative law office, and that a multinational is poised to pay his law firm over P200 million a year for lawyering for the multinational. One more boast of Chiz is that he has already the guaranteed financial contribution of a businessman who has been listed among the ten billionaires of the Philippines, but who is under investigation by the Senate. Heart believes all these claims made by her boyfriend, without any evidence.
5. Opportunism: Chiz has virtually moved into the condo unit owned by Heart. He uses her Mercedes Benz at will, particularly during night time, indicative of her own disturbed personality. Heart encourages this behavior from Chiz, as she did with the rest of her prior boyfriends. She has been diagnosed as a needy personality, but she refuses psychiatric treatment.
6. Case vs. Chiz: Because of Heart’s naiveté, I have been compelled to act as her talent manager. We recently signed Heart’s contract with a certain TV channel. Now, Chiz is urging her to have my name removed as talent manager. All the acts of Chiz indicate that his public persona is far different from his real character. My husband and I are in the process of gathering evidence to prove that he is a Jekyll-and-Hyde personality, as suggested by a print columnist.”
Mrs. Ongpauco said they are planning to file a criminal complaint against Sen. Chiz Escudero: “a criminal case for libel, for claiming that he is caught in the middle of a family feud; when the truth is, Chiz is the very source of our family feud.”
What is truly lamentable is that Mrs. Ongpauco also made some unsavory remarks about her daughter, saying: “She does not have the mature mind of someone of that age. She still thinks like a young girl. She is easily swayed by people who prey on her insecurities and lack of confidence. Heart has personality problems, and Chiz, who is also suffering from his own personality problem, is doing his best to confuse her, to the extent of alienating her affections against us. Since he has inveigled Heart to take his side (which she has always done with all of her prior boyfriends, indicating how unstable she is) our family has decided to disown her scandalous behavior.”
To me, writing this blog is not about my interest in knowing how this brouhaha will end up. I really could care less. Every time I see the senator talk I am looking at somebody full of humbug and it almost always makes me puke.
My interest is knowing and letting the public be aware of who Sen. Francis “Chiz” Escudero is – he who is running for re-election and he who has not mince words about his ambition of running for the presidency sometime in the future – God forbids.
Between Escudero’s words and the Ongpaucos, I don’t even have to blink to say that the latter are more credible and humble, despite their wealth.